Friday, July 06, 2007

The pain of drafting a resignation mail....

I'm in a profession that helps people resign their current jobs and move on (under the pretext of heading for a value added career opportunity) and I can call myself a decently successful change agent without doubts. Well, said on an (in)different note, my company pays me for getting people to resign their current jobs.

Though being instrumental in making scores of people write their so-called "farewell" mails, I found it really jittery typing one myself. Suddenly you feel a hundred butterflies fluttering in your belly. It would have been a conscious decision, yet you feel you like withdrawing the mail you sent the subsequent moment (haplessly).

I could not come to terms with the fact that I'm moving out of a company I loved the most and had the best intentions for. Sudden guilt gets the better of you though there are no reasons to feel so.

Worst of all.. When you really like the manager/head things get worse. And in my case, I really regard my actual boss (Mr. Souvik Chakraborthy). He taught me the trade and I’m what I’m today, because of him. I did not care about anything else but the impending moment of a personal “eye to eye” contact with him. I just can’t imagine about it…! (Somebody help me).

I fear that he might not understand my situation (immaterial of the genuineness of the intentions) and will sever relationships with me. But I’m sure he would appreciate my decision someday.

Anyways, I need to do what I need to…. resign from my current organization. I justify it this way: CAPntel will survive without Sri but Sri can’t survive without this move. With best of intentions for CAPntel, I’m going to shoot my resignation mail in the next few minutes. Anyone reading this blog, please pray everything works well with both the parties!

Signing off with a heavy heart….

Sr!

1 Comments:

At 6:53 AM , Blogger wildflower said...

i will..PRAY~~~
at times in life, u do have to choose between the good and the better....
this too shall pass :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home